Wednesday, September 17, 2008

castaway

castaway

I am slowly getting back to actually taking pictures again. There should be an increase in photo related content over the next few weeks, I promise. Mostly off and over the painkillers for now. Got all the initial bandages and dressings taken off and some of the sutures removed yesterday (a slightly gruesome close-up). Now I'm in a jaunty blue fiber-glass cast. I didn't realise I'd become half man/ half boat in this process but that seems to be the tack we are taking. Makes for a lighter weight than a traditional plaster cast but Amanda was disappointed she didn't get to sign it. I'm trussed up like this for another two weeks and then I get it smashed off and move into a removable velcro boot, which hopefully means I'll be a bit more mobile. Still not allowed to run though!

0 comments: