Friday, September 04, 2009

survived the Summer

texas photo

Another Summer spent in photographic aestivation. But again, Autumn is approaching. Temperatures are dipping under 100F at least before lunch time. I'm starting to feel guilty about this abandoned blog and wanting to write. I attended a really inspiring photography group this evening, that kicked off various ideas in my head. I've got a week off next week, to explore some of those ideas and I'm all fired up and ready to go. Next Friday the Texas Photographic Society international competition opens and I have an image on display, after a couple of years of trying to get in. Things are ticking along nicely. Time to start blogging again.

I've been trying to work out in my head what to do with all the triathlon pictures I've been taking. Finally started to edit them and try to select some and tell a story. Working on what that story might be. Thinking it will be more of a multimedia approach than I'd initially planned. Time to do some more audio work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aestivation (plural aestivations)

1. (obsolete) the spending or passing of a summer
2. (zoology) spending a summer in a state of reduced metabolic activity; the summer version of hibernation
3. (botany) the arrangement of the parts of a flower inside a bud

from wiktionary.org.

Great word, thanks for introducing me to it!

Anita Jesse said...

Welcome back and congratulations on getting a photogragh into the international comptetition. I look forward to seeing what you come up with an idea for the triathalon pictures.

Brian Bastinelli said...

Congrat's Gordon on the competition. Well deserved!

Will we be able to view it online?

Take care,

Brian