Thursday, January 11, 2007

Arun

I spent a fun Sunday afternoon with JoEllen and Arun, taking their pictures for my friends' project. Arun was one of the first people I met in Austin. He & I worked on the same project at Motorola and he was very kind to me in those first few weeks, inviting me to his house for a Hallowe'en party, where Amanda & I first got to know each other.

We've become good friends over the last seven years, with repeat Hallowe'en parties and a shared love of whiskey and also the occasional game of squash. (Very occasional) Very simple set-up for this one, just available window light, to the camera left. Canon 1DII on a tripod, with an 85mm 1.8. Shot at f5.0, 1/40s, ISO 320

6 comments:

L2 said...

Arun looks just as warm and friendly as you've described him. Great facial expression.

Jeff said...

This is my favorite portrait to date. Personality comes through well and technique is flawless. Well done.

Kelly Steele said...

Great shot! It's easy to tell you two are good friends. He looks so comfortable with you behind the camera. That smile is genuine.

Karen said...

What a wonderful photo

Terra Photography said...

This is one of the better portraits I've come across. Very crisp and his expression really makes it.

Unknown said...

I love this one the best of all your blog shots so far. It has great personality, color, and textures.