Sunday, April 22, 2007

all a blur

all a blur

Now that I've finally finished the ironman training, I've actually started taking pictures again. We went out for happy hour with a lot of the others who we did the race with and I brought my camera along. Sometimes the accidents and playing around can give the most interesting pictures. Here I was shooting from the table, manually focusing and not really paying a lot of attention - just getting back to being familiar with the camera and the controls after about a month off. Lots of flare, lots of noise, messed up white balance and some motion blur all just add to the character and feel of this shot of Laurie at Little Woodrows in Austin. I pushed and pulled the colours a bit, to strengthen the yellow/ blue relationships and add some more depth. I really enjoy the Lightroom edit on the image colour adjustment tools for working these sorts of images. It gives a much more direct feedback to point at the colours and drag to change them, rather than working with some sliders.

0 comments: