Wednesday, December 12, 2007

me, myself & I

me, myself & I

A quick self portrait. Haven't had much time in the last few weeks to take pictures but I did manage to make this shot. It probably looks more complicated than it really was to shoot - I had the basic idea of wanting the larger, straight-on self-portrait far down in the frame and then with that image made, it was just a case of printing and reframing/ reshooting until I had enough levels. Lighting was just a 580EX flash in a shoot through umbrella quite close to the camera and subject. Took about 20 minutes to shoot the whole series. I think it helps that my Epson R800 is such a fast printer! Fun to shoot and yet another use of the red nose. I still haven't quite got to using it for the portrait series that I originally planned to use it for, but still getting some mileage from it!

0 comments: